|Friday December 8th||3hrs + 1hr||Free|
THIS COURSE IS NOW FULL
Cultural & Creative Industries Skillnet and Animation Ireland, with the support of Coimisiún na Meán, are delighted to present these FREE sessions aimed at freelancers working in the Irish cultural and creative industries who wish to better understand tax obligations and pensions.
What will this course cover?
FREELANCER’S GUIDE TO TAX – 10am to 1pm, Friday, December 8th
- Record keeping & having a system
- Income tax – how does it work
- Registration as self employed with Revenue
- Tax returns
- PAYE & self-employed at the same time
- Deadlines and penalties
- Preliminary tax
- Revenue audits and other interventions
- VAT (brief mention)
- Artist exemption
FREELANCER’S GUIDE TO PENSIONS – 2pm to 3pm, Friday December 8th
- Pensions – general introduction
- State Pension & PRSI contributions
- Private pensions & tax relief
Peter Daly is a Chartered Accountant with 20 years post qualification experience. He trained with PricewaterhouseCoopers and worked in various private and publicly quoted companies in the years since qualifying.
Peter set up his own accountancy practice, Peter Daly, Chartered Accountants in early 2015. The practice caters predominantly for freelancers – many of whom work in the Arts – and small companies, including some Arts organizations.
Alongside his accountancy work Peter works as an actor, and more recently a writer. He has worked with most of the theatre companies in Ireland including The Abbey, The Gate, Rough Magic, Druid, Fishamble and many others.
Thursday, December 7th at 10am
Dates and times of the course
Friday, December 8th: 10am to 1pm & 2pm to 3pm
Please apply below. Once enrolled, return to this page and your Zoom link will appear below.
- Enrollment has closed because the maximum number of allowed students has been reached.