|Start Date||Duration||Cost||Max Participant Numbers|
|TBA||6 Months||TBA||10 Companies Per Strand|
Cultural & Creative Industries Skillnet are excited to announce the 2nd edition of FUTURE EDGE, a company development programme for the cultural & creative industries.
The cultural & creative industries in Ireland are experiencing a wave of expansion and growth. In 2021, across film, documentary, animation and TV drama, the total production spend in Ireland was €500 million, the best year on record, and a 40% increase on 2019, leading to an unprecedented number of Irish Oscar nominations in 2023. 2022 saw the Creative Ireland programme extended to 2027. The newer, Irish Immersive sector, is currently worth over €43 million and showing huge future potential. Sectoral stakeholders are keen for the growth to continue, but in a responsible, sustainable and inclusive way.
FUTURE EDGE offers the Irish cultural & creative industries and their representative bodies, the opportunity to aid business growth, attract FDI, evolve workforce design and talent retention, and ultimately improve the working culture of their organisation and the creative sectors in Ireland as a whole.
Future Edge is a six month training programme split into 3 different strands that can be applied for separately. The three strands which incorporate workshops and mentorship will enable company/organisation leaders to advance their policies in relation to:
- Sustainability and/or
- Workplace Culture and Wellbeing and/or
- Digital Innovation / Transformation
Companies/organisations can apply to attend one or all three strands, but we would recommend that different representatives are elected to attend each (depending on roles and responsibilities), should your company’s application be successful.
What will this course cover?
- Each strand will be facilitated by a leading organisation in the areas of either Sustainability or Workplace Culture or Digital Innovation.
- Each strand will incorporate 5 x day long workshops. Approx one per month. Exact dates TBD.
- 10 x companies/organisations will be selected for each strand.
- It is recommended that up to two senior representatives attend each workshop for the duration of the programme.
- Workshops will take place in person (with some hybrid elements), with the exception of the Sustainability strand which will take place online.
- The location for each workshop will be determined once the final group of ten companies is selected, depending on their geographic spread.
- One to One Mentoring will also be built into the curriculum and will take place throughout the 6 month period, either online or in person, depending on the needs of the companies.
- While each strand has a core curriculum, this will be complemented by additional sector specific content devised in dialogue with the selected participants.
The output from each strand will be the development of a company policy, strategy or plan on either Sustainability or Workplace Culture or Digital Transformation/Innovation.
This programme is designed for companies/organisations operating for 2/3 years. 1 to 2 individuals at a senior level in the company/organisation are required to attend from each company/organisation for each strand. A company/organisation can apply for one or more strands.
The nature of the company’s business should include, but is not limited to: film, television, animation, games, immersive technologies, AR/VR, post-production, VFX, facilities, sales, distribution and exhibition, digital media, entertainment events, music, theatre and visual arts. The programme is also open to applications from representative bodies, guilds, and broadcasters etc.
Closing date for application/enrollment
To Be Announced
Dates and times of the course
The programme dates and times will be announced in the coming weeks. Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook, for details as they are announced.