|Start Date||Duration||Cost||Max Participant Numbers|
|September 2023||In Company Training|
Course Name: Modules 2 & 3 – Idea Generation & Practical Workshop
Facilitator: Mark Egan
Course Design Days: 2
Course Delivery Dates: 4.5 (16th, 17th October and 8th, 23rd & 24th November)
Module 1: Understanding Audiences 18-25 – Delivered July 2023
Follow Up Modules
Module 2: Generating ideas for formats that engage young audiences.
This session will deconstruct some of the common formats that work with young audiences and give participants the chance to brainstorm ideas for applying these approaches to RTE content.
- The common recurring formats that work with young audiences
- Picking the right topics for the right formats
- Types of explainers and how to construct them for engagement
- Green screen effect and how to achieve it
- Adding humour and role play
- Interview formats that get attention
- Making content easy to consume
DAY 1: Date: Monday 16th October.
2 x half day workshops for editors and content makers. (1 x Day)
DAY 2: Date: Tuesday 17th October.
2 x by half day workshops. (1 x Day)
DAY 3: Date: Wednesday 8th November 2 to 5pm.
Module 2 online and recorded. (1/2 Day)
Module 3. Practical workshop: shooting and editing video formats for young audiences
This session will give participants hands on experience of creating various formats aimed at younger audiences. They will be shooting and editing on their smartphones.
- Creating greenscreen style videos just using your phone
- Shooting and editing explainers: with two main types
- Scripting and shooting role-play videos
- Being. creative with interviews
- Creating videos that are easy to consume to improve retention
Disinformation & Fake News
Course Name: Disinformation & Fake News
Facilitator: Derek Bowler
Course Delivery Dates: 4 (18th to 21st September) & 15th & 16th Nov (Remote)
- Verifying the Source, Date, and Location of Eyewitness Media
- Who is this for? This a general course is for anyone producing content who wants to be more sure about the origins of the content they use or share in their work.
- Copyright and Eyewitness Media: Understanding Rights and Responsibilities
- Who is this for? This a general course is for anyone producing content who wants to be more responsible about the content they use or share in their work.
Leading Creative Talent
Course Name: GREAT IDEAS FOR GREAT FILMMAKERS
Facilitator: Linda Green & Darragh Byrne
Course Delivery Dates: October 23rd or 30th TBC
The session will provide RTE’s Documentary filmmakers with the skills to generate new documentary
ideas, to develop them quickly and to get them pitch ready, in one day.
- To learn new skills to generate ideas for documentaries
- To apply story development techniques to quickly test and build basic story elements
- To prepare a topline pitch to engage and deliver to channel and audience needs
- Running order
09:30 Intro (Darragh)
Welcome and introductions
Context: Great ideas from great film makers
0945 Intro (Linda)
- Context: Great ideas from great film makers
Where great ideas come from? 3 P’s: patterns, people, purpose
Where do they go for ideas? What else could they do?
Understanding their patterns.
10:00 – Patterns: breaking into new story patterns
Tool: Linda’s 4 story questions
11.00 – 11:15 – Break
11.15 – People: What do people want? Key questions for new topics
Tool: TEASER, with time for research
13:30 People (continued) Turning people’s insights into ideas, combine with Patterns.
15:30 Purpose: why will the audience/commissioner/etc want it and why will the
audience love it. Developing ideas using 4 story questions. Preparing to share.
17:00 Sharing top line ideas
Fill out this short form (Also available on the RTE LMS)
Dates and times of the course