|Start Date||Duration||Cost||Max Participant Numbers|
|September 2023||4 x Days||€750||n/a|
The aim of data visualisation is to effectively communicate information through a graphical means. This course aims to provide an understanding of the theory underpinning the field of data visualisation and to provide an introduction to the practicalities of creating effective graphical representations of data.
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
1. Identify and critically appraise the history of data visualisation, the work of key practitioners and the emerging themes and critical debates relating to a data-driven society.
2. Apply the grammar of graphics and appreciate its role in the design of appropriate visuals.
3. Create graphics that visualise data in one, two and higher dimensions using proprietary and open source software tools.
4. Explore the emerging role of geospatial analysis in data analysis and develop interactive map-based visualisations.
5. Appreciate the role of statistical reasoning in data analysis and develop surveillance models for visualising data collected over time.
Participant profile/Who can apply/Eligibility
This course is intended for students who:
• have successfully completed a primary degree at level 8 and are interested in learning more about the field of Data Visualisation, and/or
• may be working in a related field related to data science, information design or graphic design, and/or
• want to retrain or upskill in order to start a career the field of Data Visualisation.
Students may come from a range of backgrounds, with varying levels of prior design experience (e.g., computing, engineering, technology, business, marketing, design, creative arts, psychology, etc. graduates) for whom data visualisation is a key area of interest.
APPLICANTS MUST BE RESIDENT IN THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND TO QUALIFY FOR THE CULTURAL & CREATIVE INDUSTRIES SKILLNET SUBSIDY & NOT IN RECEIPT OF a) a bursary b) a Scholarship or c) grant aid
IADT, located on Kill Ave, Dun Laoghaire, is a leader in higher education with a specialist focus on the development of future makers, shapers, technologists, thinkers, storytellers and creators who lead and innovate in a changing digital world.
This fee is €750 for qualifying candidates (normally €1,100 per year)
Payment will be via Paypal once a place on the course has been offered and accepted. All payments must be made before the course commences.
Fill out the Cultural & Creative Industries Skillnet application form below. Once your CCIS application has been assessed you will be notified.
All CCIS awards are subject to successful course applications and offers from IADT
Application Deadline to CCIS (All Course Applications To Be Made via CFA/IADT)
If you experience any difficulties with your CCIS application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a Subject Heading of
CFA | CCIS Application | [Course Name]
Dates and times of the course
See Dates & Times